Sponsor us here to support The Sheffield Institute Foundation to help fund a cure for Dementia, Motor Neurone & Parkinson's Disease.

Friday 3 September 2010

Dress Rehearsal 2

10 miles out, puncture Doh! Try again today. New handle bar bag, with place for music, SAT NAV and map. Lets se ho far I get....

30 miles. And a lovely route throught Beaulieu, down to Lepe and Calshot,to Exbury and home.

BIG MISTAKE THOUGH. Stupid. Didn't take enough food with me. I 'bonked' Legs started shaking and wobbling. I had to stop before I fell off. Rhod rescued me with Mars Bars. Thanks Rhod ;-)

A series of little mistakes caused that. I had 3 big meals yesterday but the last one had very lttle carbs. So the porridge for breakfast and banana for a snack just wasn't enough. Didn't take any money either.

So lesson learnt. Take more snack than we need and take cash and make sure carbs on the the men at every meal time.

'Bonking' means hitting the wall.


Equipment all works except for map blowing about too much in high winds. Music was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment