Sponsor us here to support The Sheffield Institute Foundation to help fund a cure for Dementia, Motor Neurone & Parkinson's Disease.

Wednesday 1 September 2010

Monday 30th Log

Good day for cycling. Sunny, nice breeze. Set off from the centre of Bristol along the National Cycle Route 41 along the Avon Gorge to Pill. A gentle start. Then on over the Avon Bridge which has a cycle track next to the motorway. Get into my stride. Through Avonmouth. Have you ever seen the Flour Mills building - beautiful in a historic sense, ugly in an aesthetic one. Past Severn Beach. I often wonder what visitors from abroad think when they visit Severn Beach with its mud and views. I can see the Severn Bridges. I follow the cycle track round. Bump into Sharon and Chris and we have a quiet drink in the local pub. Then it's Chepstow here I come. I've never cycled over the Severn before. I've chosen a good day. The sun is bright and bouncing off the water below, making it glisten. Then I'm in Wales. I carry on along the Cycle route 4 for a while, narrow country roads, cows, peace. Great hill just coming out of Chepstow on the 4. Wheeeee! Glad I didn't have to cycle back up it. Then back to Chepstow, over the Bridge, through Aust, Olveston and back into Bristol via Bradley Stoke and Stoke Gifford. A good day. Probably about 40 miles. Huge bowl of pasta and plenty of fluids when I get back. Happy with my day.

1 comment:

  1. Great day Lou. these cycle routes are a god send -we'd be quivering in the road without them or not cycling at all. Getting excited now, feeling better :-) xx

    ReplyDelete