Sponsor us here to support The Sheffield Institute Foundation to help fund a cure for Dementia, Motor Neurone & Parkinson's Disease.

Sunday 12 September 2010

End of day 2



Today the route started in Greatstone-on-Sea (see below) and the first stop was 20 miles away in Samphire Hoe. Samphire Hoe is a man made vantage point between Dover and Folkestone which I've often gone past on my travels.

Whilst waiting for Sue and Louise(for 1.5 hours) I chatted with Alistair who told me that it was constructed from "stuff" cut out from making the Channel Tunnel. Alistair himself is from Scotland and came down to work on the Channel Tunnel in 1988 and never went back. As I live in France, I'm quite grateful it exists!

It is a beautiful vantage point and as it was a lovely sunny day, we did say, several times that there are worst places to wait.

===

So Sue and Louise arrived; and we fed and watered them... but they didn't need much water so they had to endure the wrath of Rhod ... to make sure that they do drink enough during the day.




===

From Samphire Hoe Rhod and I carried on to the end point, Winchelsea Beach. I stopped off on the way to blog what I could in a Little Chef (see below) but after 30 minutes the connection failed.

Shortly after arriving at Winchelsea Beach, Sue called to ask us to meet them at Rye instead. We hot footed it over there and waited 1.5 hours until they arrived. We topped up their water and gave them some flapjacks to keep them going for another couple of miles.

===

Tonight we're staying at the Travel Lodge in Hastings. Nowhere near as nice as the B&B last night. And unfortunately my camera has a problem! Some great big blobs of something have appeared on the sensor. This is really bad news for the camera and all the shots I've taken today. I'll try and find a camera shop tomorrow.


(example of shot ruined by blobs!)



[Jane]

No comments:

Post a Comment