Sponsor us here to support The Sheffield Institute Foundation to help fund a cure for Dementia, Motor Neurone & Parkinson's Disease.

Friday 30 July 2010

Training and personal cycling history

After an inauspicious start, I am now ready to go. Bike is fixed, yeh! Managed 15 miles yesterday. Weston this weekend. A little history. My first biking experience was as a five-year old. My first bike was a bluey silver and I spent hours holding onto the garden fence spurring myself on to let go and take off. That was the start of a long life of cycling: I cycled to school. I cycled to work. I cycled everywhere. And, I've been pretty lucky so far, with only one major spill in September 2008 when I was caught by a driver opening his car door. I went flying and landed unceremoniously on the hardest tarmac ever. I was covered in purple bruising both sides, had whiplash and was obviously traumatised. It knock my confidence somewhat. However, step by step I got back to cycling and now I'm ready for the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment