Sponsor us here to support The Sheffield Institute Foundation to help fund a cure for Dementia, Motor Neurone & Parkinson's Disease.

Monday 2 August 2010

I aiming for some consistant riding this week, training 3 days in row without feeling completely exhausted at the end. 20miles on Sunday and 25 today (with a cheer from 2 old ladies for getting up the Beaulieu hill) then hopefully another 20 miles tomorrow.

I've been experimenting with the electrolyte drinks after cycling 5omiles the other day and realising that I'd only drunk 1/2 a litre of water and eaten 200calories!!! Nuun is good, sometimes these drinks are sickly sweet, but nuun is just like flavoured water. The berry flavour is my favourite but lemon and lime is good too.

Tried Torq carbohydrate bars - very nice! Shame you have to do exercise to eat them really :-) . And then tried the Torq energy gels today... Wooooooh! Zooooooooooooom... They give a kick! I was back on my bike and off. Big hit for when we're flagging at the end of each day.

Note for Louise: you can get these energy bars with caffeine in :-)

Besides all the fun of trying these tasty morsals, they really make a difference and I don't feel totally shattered for days after one long cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment