Sponsor us here to support The Sheffield Institute Foundation to help fund a cure for Dementia, Motor Neurone & Parkinson's Disease.

Saturday 14 August 2010

Progress report

Slowly but surely. Last weekend I did 45 miles. My legs are getting used to the idea that they are required for service again. I managed the ride quite happily. Mars bar and Lucozade all helped. Today I cycled to Weston-s-Mare and back. 40 miles round trip. Slow and steady. Tomorrow will be 45 again. My legs feel a bit tired this evening and I am making an effort to eat properly. I made a huge bowl of couscous this morning with mackerel, boiled egg, chutney, garlic, onion. It was yummy. Did for lunch and tea. Honey sandwiches gave me the sugar burst en route. There was beautiful sunshine when I got to Weston but heavy downpours on the A370 both ways. Oh yes. I forgot to say I had to stop part way to assist a man who had collapsed. Of course, I have lost my phone so was phoneless. Luckily another passerby called the ambulance while I kept an eye on our friend. Getting into stretching during the ride as well. My knees aren't what they used to be. Years of hockey and squash have taken their toll. It's been good to be on the bike a lot more generally. I never fully got my confidence back after the accident in 2008. This training has really completed the recovery. I notice that I am still a bit nervous if cars pass very close, which some of them do. Oh well. Time for bed. I know I will sleep well tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment