Sponsor us here to support The Sheffield Institute Foundation to help fund a cure for Dementia, Motor Neurone & Parkinson's Disease.

Saturday 28 August 2010

Disaster Has Struck

Having spent the last few days in Cornwall, 1 day inspecting the route, I ended up with Virtigo, feeling sick, head spinning on the notorious Cornish hills. This was an utter shock to me and caused me great distress, having spent most of my childhood holidays in Cornwall I couldn't understand how this could have come about. Not to mention the month i have spent planning the route and the help I've had from various people - Alan Pewsey especially - thank you.

But, when the going gets tough,... supported by Rhod and Louise (who came down all the way from Bristol) we trawled the Road Atlas and online national cycle route websites for an alternate route and have found another 250 mile option that won't give me Virtigo. So all is not lost, 250 miles will still be cycled. We thought that if we couldn't do one end of the country - we could have a go at the other end!So we will be cycling to Dover and back using National Cycle Routes 1 and 2 - mainly road routes with some off road sections and a few whopping great hills which I hope I will be okay on! If not, I may never make it home! (Just kidding...I hope!)

Having fallen off my bike twice now and with the shock of the Virtigo out the way, Louise and I set off this morning for our first joint ride on a 70 mile route.

After 12 miles, disaster, i didn't fall off, I just fell ill and had to be rescued by Rhod and later he rescued my helmet and gloves that i'd left behind in the car park. Louise bravely ventured on into the New Forest without a map and cycled 50 miles. She arrived back in one piece, safe and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment